2/7/13

Fabulous February

I love February, it is probably my favourite month of the year mostly because my birthday is in February and who doesn't love presents and cake. It has been a while since I have done a blog post that wasn't about an outfit so this one is just an update on how I have been spending the last part of my summer break. We have been picnicking a lot! I found this old picnic basket at a op shop for $7 and my Mum got me picnic stuff for christmas last year. We have been going places like Wellington Botanical gardens and Kaitoke reserve as well as one night we had a dinner picnic at Waitangi park and watched an outdoor movie under the stars. 




Another thing I love about summer is all the fresh fruits, we head to our local farmers market every Saturday and stock up on fruits and vege. I made us pancakes with fresh fruit one morning. I love our new house we get such great morning sun in our little back garden.


Another thing we have been doing is experimenting a lot with Jamie Olivers 30/15 minute meal recipes. This was one of my favourites, camembert cigars, cranberry port dipping sauce and a fresh pomegranate salad. Would anyone here be interested in me reviewing some of the recipes for you? I love cooking.



 My other favourite was the lamb kofta, which I made with pork, they were soooo good with a chilli couscous and fresh salad.


 Well tomorrow is my birthday and I am going to spend the day eating lasagna and cake I think. I might chuck on a pretty outfit if I can be bothered too. We are going to a beach house for the weekend and I cannot wait to go swimming and have a lovely weekend away.

Have a great weekend everyone!
xx