2/11/13

Aussie Curves - Nature



This weekend it was my birthday, we headed to my families beach house for a couple of days and escaped the hustle of Wellington city. I love being near the water, especially the ocean. I grew up across the road from the beach and while I will always hold resentment towards sand I do love the fresh air and the wildness of New Zealand beaches. I didn't really have any great ideas for this weeks theme 'nature', but I did have my iphone on me when we took a walk down the beach so Andrew snapped up a few photos for me and hey presto here I am in nature wearing no make up, hair in a pony tail, no shoes and very short shorts. 


I wish I had thought to pack the camera but things don't always work out that way. On Saturday we went swimming, made a sand castle, walked up the river at low tide. It was fantastic being at the beach and I cannot wait to do it again soon. This has been one of the best summers I've seen in NZ since I was a kid. The weather has been fantastic and being on Uni holidays has been such a treat. My favourite parts of summer is cruising in the car to our destination listing to David Bowie, Queen and Blondie and singing our heads off. Occasionally I even indulge in my guilty pleasure and sing really loudly too 'Call me maybe'.




Bag - Nood
Jandals - Number 1 Shoe Warehouse
Top - The Warehouse
Shorts - City Chic




After a wee bit of thinking I have decided that this weeks nature theme to me is all about relaxing, no fussing, no stress and just taking a moment to listen to the waves rather than worry about what clothes to wear.

What does nature mean to you when it comes to fashion?