1/20/13

Aussie Curves - Texture

This week is all about texture and I was a little stumped over what I would wear for this theme. It is a long weekend here in Wellington for Wellington Anniversary so my boyfriend is home and relaxing and I planned a big picnic out at Kaitoke reserve on Sunday. Thankfully the weather was with us and we headed out for lunchtime yums and relaxing in the sun. I scored this picnic basket at an op shop for $7 dollars before Christmas and my mum got me a new flask and all sorts of awesome picnicking utensils. I cannot wait to use all this gear more often and get out in the sun.


My outfit for the picnic was a total no fuss, no makeup, just be comfy in the sun kind of look and I have to say I felt great and confident. I hadn't worn this intending it for Aussie Curves but realized in the car that crocheting would probably meet this weeks criteria just fine. How cute is this little bit of detail on the straps and back.


I have never been a big fan of short shorts just because I didn't think I could rock them, but with my hard work at the gym my legs are defiantly looking better and I feel a lot more comfy in them than I would have a year ago. I love the way in which this top drapes and doesn't cling any wear and how this  outfit just echoes my thoughts of summer days. Keep an eye out for the next few weeks as swimwear week is coming up soon and I may have just snapped a few pictures for it on this same picnic trip.



Top - Meyer
Shorts - City chic

I had such a fantastic day and cannot wait to check out everyone else's outfits this week. Im sure everyones will be more interesting mine but I just could not resist having a nice casual no fuss post for once. Check out the other fabulously textured ladies below and don't forget to leave a comment, I love having feedback and seeing who is looking at the blog. 
xo