1/14/13

Aussie Curves - Second Hand

I have been waiting for this challenge for a while now because like other people I adore op shopping and cannot wait to check out all the other ladies outfits. I always knew what I was going to wear for this challenge until a recent trip to Wanaka's Salvation Army store where I found this vintage dress. 


As a plus sized op shopping enthusiast I never expect to find much in dress racks, especially vintage dress racks. However I always have a look just incase and when I saw the colour of the dress I crossed my fingers as I looked at the size on the tag, an 18 horay! 


The dress is slightly small in the arms and bust. I have to leave the zip gaping open but this is easily fixed with this cute scarf I picked up on a different shopping trip.


This bag is a recent find as well. I love the crisp white with the bright jade colouring of the dress. The belt you see used to be my lovely Granny's. It feels like leather and is orange on the other side making it reversible. It didn't use to fit me but I kept it all the same and now here I am wearing it on the 3rd notch even! I teamed the dress up with this cute blue jacket, I love how the colours work together and it adds some extra structure to the outfit.


Dress - Vintage/Thrifted
Belt - vintage (Grannys)
Jacket - Virtue
Tights - City Chic
Shoes - Dianna Ferrari
Bag - Thrifted



Do you love to op shop, or need some inspiration, check out these lovely ladies and their awesome second hand outfits! If you want to see another one of my op shop outfits please click here  to check out this post featuring my favorite op shop find of all time!