11/21/12

Ezmae in Wonderland



Yesterday was my 2nd year anniversary with my boyfriend. He had to work but I made him breakfast and coffee in the morning, met him for lunch and a drink after work followed by a quiet night in watching Boardwalk Empire haha. The main event will begin on Friday when we fly off to the south island for a long weekend together.

Anniversaries are of course a great opportunity to wear a saucy outfit but when I remembered that my boyfriend wore a bright orange t-shirt to work that day I thought I had better tone my outfit down a notch or two. We went for a tuesday cocktail at the bar Alice, in Wellington. I have been wanting to try it out for a while now but not at the expense of making my bank account feel sad so when I saw the vouchers on Grabone for $10  cocktail teapots for two I grabbed a couple in anticipation of our anniversary.

'Mock Turtle Soup' cocktail in a teapot

I may need to find the shrinking cake

As you may have gathered by the title of this post, the name of the bar and the fact that the cocktails are served in a teapot, this is indeed an Alice in Wonderland themed cocktail bar. The decor is to be honest a little dated and unimpressive and the bar was completely empty on a tuesday which can be expected. The music was unfitting and we sat in a corner laughing off the awkward ambience and left after only one drink and instead got ice-cream and took a lovely stroll on the waterfront. But thats not important, what is import is what did I wear! Well I wore this..






 Dress - Thrifted for 50 cents!
Ponte Jacket - City Chic
Shoes - Dianna Ferrari
Stockings - City Chic
Belt - Asos Curve
Alice Broach - Art Divine

I want to talk both this outfit because it feels slightly kitschy. Okay a lot kitschy but I love it! It is pretty OTT of me to wear my Alice broach to the Alice bar but then even more so for me to wear a turtle belt and drink mock turtle soup right! Oh well I kind of went with a theme and ran with it. I also got a new lipstick called Flamingo by Australis and I am so in love with it. I want to mention the broach I am wearing I found it at a market stall in Wellingtons Underground Market and isn't it awesome! If your are interested in the broach then check out this blog and get one for yourself or as a gift.

Lots of photos this week the weather is never usually this permitting in Wellington especially on the waterfront but there was hardly a breeze to be felt last night. 







I can't wait for the weekend and I am sure I will have another post next week sharing all our adventures!
xo